Board index Miscellaneous Advertising

Information about sites and services

LASIK= Great

Postby artanghel » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:57 pm

Guys I want to share to you all about some information about Lasik hoping this one will help you or will give you some knowledge about it. Anyway, Lasik is an elective surgery for patients who want to permanently correct myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness), or astigmatism without eyeglasses, contact lenses, or refractive surgical procedures. The goal for most patients is to be free of any type of corrective lenses. Some patients may find wearing eyeglasses or contact lenses interferes with their careers or hobbies. Many professional athletes have chosen LASIK to improve their performance. However, patients with higher degrees of refractive error will still need some type of corrective lens.
There are potential risks in any procedure and Lasik is no exception. The most common potential problems that can occur during laser vision correction are under-correction, over-correction and wrinkling. Under-correction and over-correction simply mean that while the procedure may have improved your vision, it may not have completely corrected it. Wrinkling is slightly more serious. It means that the corneal flap might have been moved which causes wrinkles that can possibly lead to the permanent appearance of blurry spots.
Some more serious side effects include, increased light sensitivity, halos around eyes, blurred vision and double vision. All of these symptoms should lessen and disappear after the first few weeks following the LASIK surgery. There is also a chance of corneal damage and/or scarring which can lead to partial or full vision loss. These side effects rarely occur, and ophthalmologists will always make sure that candidates are ideal for the LASIK procedure. Here’s the site my2020 for more information about Lasik.
artanghel

Re: LASIK= Great

Postby spielerfrau » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:01 am

this info helps..I'd realized to have a knowledge about this..thank for opening a topic like this..
spielerfrau

Postby EviesEarth » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:46 am

Thank you for the info. I have often considered having the surgery done. I get really tired of my contacts sometimes. Does it hurt afterwards? How long is the healing time?
EviesEarth

Postby MrsH » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:29 am

you know as much as I would love to ave 20/20 eyesight. Not having to worry about glasses or contacts. As much as I do believe that the surgery is an easy procedure and most likely I will be find. I just can not get pass the fact that it is surgery on my eyes..... I doubt I will ever build up the courage to do it - ever.
MrsH

Postby Calypso » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:10 am

Mrs H, I feel exactly the same way you do. I couldn't bear the thought of losing my vision if something went wrong, not as much as I love to read. Wearing glasses may be a pain sometimes, but at least they're not going to blind me!
Calypso

Postby mollyL » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:21 pm

Thanks for an informative post. My husband has been very interested in the LASIK surgery for some time and this info will help in his decision. I think the wrinkling risk may cause him to think, but he'll have about all the info he needs to choose. For myself, I think my hubby is cute in glasses, looks a bit like John Lennon, but that's OK, I'll support him in whatever he chooses to do.
mollyL

Postby ertunc_58 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:44 am

Thanks for an informative post.
http://www.forumlike.net
ertunc_58

Return to Advertising