Board index General Disscussion Celebrities

Disscus any famous people here

Patrick Swayze

Postby stav » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:26 pm

The news that he is suffering from cancer and may only have a short while left, has really upset me.

Patrick was an icon of my youth, and I can't believe he is so ill, and at such a young age. He is refusing to accept it, and is saying there are still hopes of recovery. I do hope so, and i'll be keeping my fingers crossed for him.
stav

Re: Patrick Swayze

Postby EviesEarth » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:24 am

It seem that the tabloids had reported that he was quite ill and had a very short time. Last night on CNN I read that he was not doing badly. From what I read it stated that he was optimistic and undergoing treatment. I guess time will tell. Hoping for the best....
EviesEarth

Postby stav » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:23 am

It seems he and his family are insisting the 'five weeks to live' drivel in the redtops, is not true.

Thank goodness, I hope he beats it. Thoroughly nice bloke, a refreshing change from the usual 'star' attitude in everything he does.
stav

Postby MrsH » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:17 am

the lates I heard was the the cancer was not as agressive and far gone as first feared. He is also responding well to treatment. It gives some hope.

Dirty dancing will forever be one of my favorite movies. I don't think I can get tired of watching it.
MrsH

Postby fiona » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:14 am

I agree that is has been very sad to hear this news and it has made me sad for him. I do hope that he will recover from all of this soon.
fiona

Postby Calypso » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:57 pm

Pancreatic cancer is a nasty diagnosis at best--I lost a good friend to it last year. I hope Patrick Swayze beats the odds. He's a fine actor and, more importantly, seems like a decent human being as well.
Calypso

Postby MrsH » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:04 am

anyone heard any updates about Sawyze? I too have heard that this particular cancer is very serious. It is possible to survive it with right treatment at an early stage?
MrsH

Postby stav » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:06 pm

There was a photo of him in one of our sunday tabloids, with cigarette in mouth.. not terribly clever..

last I heard was that it is not as serious as first thought and that they are hopeful he will respond to treatment. Time will tell.
stav

Postby debrajean » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:32 am

I find it annoying when the mag rags report about death in such an over-hyped way. I realize it's news and sells papers but dang, a little dignity is always nice for the celebrity. But, I guess that's not how it works.
debrajean

Postby stav » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:36 am

Not heard anything further over here regarding how Patrick is doing with his treatment. Is there anything in the press over the pond?
stav

Next

Return to Celebrities