[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Punforum.com • View topic - Obama/Oprah

Board index General Disscussion Celebrities

Disscus any famous people here

Obama/Oprah

Postby debrajean » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:59 pm

What's everyone's take on the 'Obaprah' connection? Do you think her support will help or hinder him?
debrajean

Re: Obama/Oprah

Postby stav » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:05 am

To be honest, as an outsider, I think he is doomed anyway. Oprah, has some rather strange views, and I have a feeling that won#t really help him, if he wants to be taken as a political heavyweight. He looks distinctly lightweight to me..
stav

Postby Calypso » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:38 am

If Oprah can get an entire nation reading, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if she could get one man elected to the presidency!
Calypso

Postby stav » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:47 am

Anything is possible. I don't think Obama is a strong enough candidate though. He is trying too hard to be all things to all people at the moment, and not managing to please any of them. Plus the Dem vote is split down the middle.. Gives the Republicans another clear run..

Only in my very humble non US opinion of course..
stav

Postby mollyL » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:01 pm

I personally can't stand Oprah. She holds alot of the same views I do,it's true, but her personality grates on me bigtime. Obama, then, was not my first choice to be the Dem's candidate, but he is my choice now. We started backing John Edwards, as his views on social justice were very important to us. After Edwards dropped out, we were at a loss for a few weeks as to who would be our choice. Hillary's initial approval of the hellish debacle in Iraq and her flag burning amendment angered us to no end and we decided we couldn't back her. Obama is a good speaker and we had been watching his career for awhile, but we just didn't think that he could make it. As he has progressed, though, we have come to like him more and more. He courageously voted against the black check that has become Iraq, particularly, and education and empowerment, we have become Obama supporters and will definitely be voting for him in November.
mollyL

Postby debrajean » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:06 am

Oprah has never been a fav or mine either and I'm not sure what my political choice is going to be.
debrajean

Postby MrsH » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:25 am

well oprah have a huge fan base so it is possible that Obama can get some more votes because of her. I'm hoping that he becomes president. It is about time an African American become president.
MrsH

Postby RFL1986 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:33 am

Obama's been doing pretty well and I can't help but think back to reading this thread a while ago and thinking about the influence that Oprah must have had on her viewer ship in openly supporting a political candidate.
RFL1986

Postby MrsH » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:54 pm

MrsH

Return to Celebrities