[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Punforum.com • View topic - St Brangelina

Board index General Disscussion Celebrities

Disscus any famous people here

St Brangelina

Postby MrsH » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:28 am

so the news channel here has taken to call Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie: St Brangelina after is was revaled just how much money they have given to charity. I think its is great that they give some to people in more need then themselves.

If you were rich would you be a St. or would you just spend it all on booze?
MrsH

Re: St Brangelina

Postby stav » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:48 pm

Well It's all tax deductable...

Cynical? Moi?

as if.. ahem...

St Brangelina, wonder who thought that one up..
stav

Postby EviesEarth » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:27 am

Have to agree with the tax deduction. I can only hope that they are doing out of their own goodness. If I had the money I would be doing good for mankind. Esp. helping kids!
EviesEarth

Postby stav » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:39 pm

Mrs H's original question 'would you help or spend it on booze' reminded me of a quote credited to George Best, one of the greatest footballers of his generation, who came to a bad end.

On being asked what he spent his fortune on (being left almost destitute) he famously replied..

"I spent most of it on loose women and booze, the rest I just squandered"
stav

Postby MrsH » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:33 am

hehe stav I loved that qoute.

I have no idea who came up with the name St Brangelina. Probably some gossip magazine who think Brad and Angelina are the greatest. I think it is good that they give to charity, but they can afford doing it and still live very well. Recently there was a fund raising for the children's hospital here. The contributes that was really amazing were those 5 or 10 dollars from families that really really struggle. One family had 400$ a fortnight to live of after bills were paid, still they contributed to the fund raising.
MrsH

Postby stav » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:41 am

I'm never terribly impressed when multi millionaire types give a few coins to charity.. It's the least they could do in my opinion, and should do it without publicity or fanfare.

Bill Gates gives billions, and has stated he intends to give away most of it eventually, but he does it without fuss, photos, or backslapping.
stav

Postby MrsH » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:34 pm

MrsH

Postby stav » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:42 pm

I suppose that is possible MrsH.. though many people seem to manage to keep their charity work quiet.

just call me cynical.. ;)
stav

Postby debrajean » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:26 pm

Personally, I'm not that impressed with this couple's do-gooding. It reminds me of someone doing something in order to portray themselves in a good light. I've always been of the belief that when you do something good for someone else you don't need to announce it to the world in order to let them sing your praises.
debrajean

Postby mollyL » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:42 pm

I think that Brangelina also bring to light important causes as well as donating money to them. Hopefully that prompts people to donate as well. I am usually immune to interest in celebrity couples (although I like Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins very much), but I'm always interested to hear what Brangelina's next adventure is about.
mollyL

Next

Return to Celebrities